Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The rose & the little prince

最近很認真的翻看小王子, 才驚覺小王子原來很深奧, 很難明.

大概, 大人就是這樣, 欠缺了想像.

- - - - -

"And if I know-- I, myself-- one flower which is unique in the world.
If some one loves a flower, of which just one single blossom grows in all the millions and millions of stars,
it is enough to make him happy just to look at the stars.
He can say to himself, 'Somewhere, my flower is there...'
But if the sheep eats the flower, in one moment all his stars will be darkened...

I ought not to have listened to her. One never ought to listen to the flowers.
One should simply look at them and breathe their fragrance. Mine perfumed all my planet.
But I did not know how to take pleasure in all her grace.
This tale of claws, which disturbed me so much, should only have filled my heart with tenderness and pity...
The fact is that I did not know how to understand anything!
I ought to have judged by deeds and not by words. She cast her fragrance and her radiance over me.
I ought never to have run away from her... I ought to have guessed all the affection that lay behind her poor little strategems.
Flowers are so inconsistent! But I was too young to know how to love her..."


No comments:

Post a Comment